It’s this time of year again. Are you searching for last minute Christmas presents that don’t cost the earth?
Why not buy fewer Christmas presents and make gifts that matter?
Here are 10 ideas for last minute presents which don’t cost the earth, boost local, small businesses and won’t end up in landfill within a short time after Christmas and might even be good for the planet.
Ten last minute present ideas for Christmas:
- Gift a voucher (issued on recycle paper of course) for a massage, a yoga session, a treatment, a haircut.
- Adopt a koala from Friends of the Koala which comes with a personalised certificate.
- Buy tickets to performances: concerts – rock or classical, the circus, the theatre, the movies.
- Find a choir or singing coach and gift some singing lessons.
- Buy a gift card for a lovely dinner in a favourite restaurant.
- Design you own voucher, for example, create a map for a lovely walk in a park ending in a cuppa and maybe a piece of cake at a local coffee shop.
- Give the gift of time or a task, for example, a voucher for a hand car wash, for cleaning the house, for doing the dishes and so on.
- Buy tickets for a music festival.
- Buy vegan or vegetarian cooking classes to try something new.
- Give a voucher for a dinner at your place.
For more inspiration please check out my other posts about alternative Christmas gifts including donations to charities and this one about a green Christmas.
Maybe Christmas, the Grinch thought, doesn’t come from a store. Dr. Seuss
Happy guiltfree Christmas gift preparation and shopping!